Monday, January 31, 2005

Armchair doctors

I swear the people that work in Langley's daycare centers believe that they have an armchair M.D. Ziggy gets a call today after lunch, saying that MiniZiggy has pink-eye and that we need to go get him right now, take him to the doctor, get him some meds, and bring him back, since pink-eye isn't contagious. Um......ok, I have a diploma in medicine........PINK EYE IS VERY CONTAGIOUS!!!!!! And just because the child has a cold, it doesn't warrant a national emergency that he's dying. I am experienced, I know when he needs to go to the doctor. I really can't stand caregivers who think they know better than parents. Peeves me to no end........

So, Cadillac and I are driving a cop car around base today(on a test drive), and I mention that I want to see the new jets that are on base. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know what jet I am talking about, so I feel no need to mention the name. So, the afore mentioned Cadillac whips around to the flight line area so I can see the new jet. Cool points awarded to the boss!! Sidebar - the jet wasn't out on the tarmac like it usually is, but hey, he got cool points for taking me to see it. Way to get on the good side of your troop!

Well, I had better get off of here and make myself useful and find some papers that I have misplaced, and I REALLY need to find. Sleep is also calling.......

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors