Friday, January 07, 2005

Weekend finally....

So why do I spend it cleaning, instead of relaxing? There's an excellent question. Well, my house in Alaska, that was on base, stayed pretty messy. I guess I don't want this one (that we are paying for, so I guess we 'own' it) to be the same way. I never saw myself as a homeowner, and now that I am, I am going all Martha Stewart on Ziggy. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not the decorator type. Martha didn't marry Ziggy. So now that we have a house that we own, I am painting the walls, buying blinds for the windows, planning what curtains I want, and if I want to make them myself or not. I even bought a poinsettia plant for the front door at Christmas. I'm starting to scare the people that know me best - I painted my half bath pink. And I'm not a person who loves pink. So, I am planning on schlopping paint on Scout's bathroom walls this weekend. I have decided that the decor in his bathroom will be all things Beach. The curtain has a lovely beach scene on it, the rug has fish, and I think a few seashells would go ok with it all. And the walls are going to be 'Adriatic Mist' from Home Depot.

I have massive plans for the closets in the house as well. I am going to get shelves and drawers and such from Home Depot and make the closets all organized, rather than have alot of wasted space. The one in the computer room will have storage space for craft and sewing things. I can hardly wait!!!

Ziggy is planning to take MiniZiggy to Washington State with him for a few days to see that side of the family, since they can't make it out here to see us. I am going to mention to Ziggy that he ought to go see an old friend of his that he was romantically attached to at one point. I'm not sure what to call her. But I have been very jealous of this person, as Ziggy has been of Other, and I am really starting to think that I have been mistaken in my jealousy. He did marry ME, after all, right? So why was I getting all bent out of shape about this woman? I guess I figured that she was what he had wanted at one point, and that he'd still want that, and I wouldn't be that person for him. Childish, I know, but hey, we all grow and go through things like that.

2 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

YAY! You have a blog too!

AFeskimo said...

Yup, inspired by you, silly......

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors