Thursday, February 17, 2005

Reblued, rescrewed and not tattooed

So I was in this 'Airmen Development course' for 2 days. Who gives certificates of graduation from a 2 day class? The Air Force. It's supposed to remind you of 'why you are here, and your place in the world'. Un-huh. Yea...........so more or less, yes, you must do your job that the Air Force pays you to do. No, your priority of getting your college degree(within your first year of enlistment) is NOT the Air Force's top priority.......ugh. I'm just glad the two days are over, as there wasn't anything in there that I didn't already know. Hell, I was telling the instructors things that THEY didn't know. Eh, such is life.

So, I've been bouncing the idea of staying in for the long haul around. I told Ziggy a little bit about it last night, but he was a bit distracted by the idea of buying a new vehicle. So I'm not sure much I said actually made it into his noggin. But I am going to see if there is a program that will help me stay in, but get my nursing degree and become an officer........Hey, what's the worst that can happen, I stay enlisted and still work? Hey, a paycheck is a paycheck...

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors