Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Blah Blah Blah

My week thus far, sucks.

First off, it seems that no matter what I touch at work, I can't fix a damned thing. And since that's what I do for a living, fix things, that's bad.

So last Friday, Kermit talks to me about my mouth. He says I can't be smartassed all the time. Ok, so he has a point. I can handle that. So, today when Cadillac is trying to aggravate me into popping off at him, he starts calling me crabby. I told him, look, I talk and I get in trouble, when I don't talk, I get in trouble, MAKE UP MY MIND!!!! Cadillac and I didn't have a good day. I spent most of the afternoon wanting to punch him out cold on the floor. Why? For yelling about my work in front of the whole shop. Bad leadership move, there, Cadillac. You never berate a troop in public, always in private....so he pissed me off. To the point I stepped away from him so I didn't randomly give him an uppercut to the jaw and then get into even deeper trouble. Then he got mad at me for stepping away from him. Men, I swear......can't work for them, can't keep my job if I deck him a good one.

Tomorrow I have to look pretty in my blues. I have to go to this class where they tell you how much you make a difference (not all that much, in the big scheme of things), and tell you that 'someday you'll be a grownup NCO, and then you'll still feel like crap at work 'cause this base is really ate up on itself!' Geez I hate developmental courses.........

So I asked for a day of leave on Friday, to go to Scout's school for an awards assembly. I put in for the leave so I wouldn't have to go through the bullshit of 'comp time' and all that blase blase bullshit. So what happens? Kermit denied my leave, saying that I have to be at work for some bullshit burger burn they are having. Then he wants me there in the afternoon, since the assembly is in the morning. Ok, it's at 1015, and over my dead body am I coming all the way up to the base just to turn aroud and drive right back home for the assembly. This is getting stupid.....

Sorry, today is bitch and moan for me.....

However, I did get a dozen roses and a dozen balloons from Ziggy on Valentine's Day......

2 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

He denied you leave so you could go to a Burger Burn???? What a prick. This is why I hate the military. Can you imagine some one on the civ side saying.... hmmm sorry, you can't have the day off because we're gonna need you to attend Bob's retirement ceremony. Screw that.

AFeskimo said...

Yea, I had pretty much the same reaction, but with a good deal more expletives. Now I can come in at the usual time in the morning, and once I leave for my son's assembly, I am gone for the day. That's better, I think. Guess he rethought the whole bit that I would bring my kid in there since he was going to make me come to that party....

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors