Monday, December 19, 2005

Busy nothings

The title is probably my favorite line out of the book and movie 'Mansfield Park'. The book is by Jane Austen. Yes, I like to read Jane Austen.

So it's 6AM on my day off, and I am wide freaking awake. Why? No clue. It was like this yesterday, too. Not the same time, but alert and active at an hour when I would have otherwise been asleep. Is my sixth sense pinging? Yes, and when that happens, I usually have a hard time sleeping, cause my mind tends to start racing hella fast, and I get no sleep.

So, busy nothings.....

Gramps still hasn't made it home from the hospital. Apparently he needed his gallbladder removed last night. My SIL called and told me while I was out doing some shopping. Here's where my sixth sense has been pinging.

Christmas shopping---well, progress has been made, I guess. I got all of Ziggy's presents bought, and a small something for Scout. I have to buy stocking stuffers, though. I don't have any of those.

Oh, I am channeling my inner Martha Stewart this year, as my table is decorated in red, green and gold table cloth and napkins, and the napkin rings are bells, and I have green placemats. My self improvement thing this year has been to become a bit more girly, and I believe I am making progress. Blonde says I haven't accomplished it until I buy pink shoes. Not so sure I'm ready for that yet.


JayJay, Scout's godfather, has finally wizened up and gone back to playing music, his first love in the first place. He has his first gig next month, on my and Ziggy's anniversary. I wish I could be there to hear it, I always loved his music.

My house is such a mess, but Ziggy wants to go riding 4 wheelers today, and I am hard pressed not to go. He's leaving, I really want to ride, as I haven't ridden in a long time, etc. But I need to clean my house!!!!

I'm coming into a few grand's worth of money soon, and am having difficulty in deciding what to do with it. Start retirement fund, pay bills, home improvements, I can't decide........

Ok, I think that about covers my busy nothings for now.....Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

Crazy Girl City said...

Pay bills! The faster you pay them off, the less interest you'll pay on them. That's what I would do.

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors