Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Night Off and a bunch of news I haven't posted

So, do we like the new template, or should I go back to the black?? I thought something a bit brighter would be nice.....

Well, I am off tonight, and the only thing I have to do is laundry. That's a welcome change. No homework for a bit is nice. I got email from my professor, and my exam answers still haven't made it to him. This annoys me, honestly.....but he says that until he gets the answers, I have a C........which means I passed, don't have to retake the class, and I don't have to pay back the tuition assistance.......this is such good news!!!!

I really do need to update my list of readable blogs, and add pics. I have plenty of pics I'd love to put on here....

Oh, eBay.....You know, I think I have bought more off of eBay since I've been over here than I have the entire time I have been registered on the site?! It's certainly a nice diversion from the mundane over here. I bought two lovely quilts for Ziggy and I. One will be for our bed, and I think the other will go on the couch.

Pudge....dear Lord, what am I going to do with this dog of mine? She took off again, but came back this time, according to what Ziggy has told me. Ziggy is planning on finishing the new fence he has been working on, and I honestly think that will help keep her from taking off.

Speaking of dogs, my grandmother, Gamaw, as we all call her, had to have her faithful dog, MaxEBear put to sleep. He had had it rough for the past year or so, he'd gotten hit by a car and had to have a hip replaced and had a prosthetic(who knew they did that for dogs?!?!). Then he got sick with pancreatitis, and she had to put him down. Now, I am an animal lover, just like my Gamaw, so the loss of a pet is saddening......but she tells me that she has a new dog coming on Friday, and I am sure that she will be cheered up soon.

Other is coming to Balad. I think I may have already posted this, I am not sure. To his credit, I might add, he has put my absolutely FAVORITE brand of candy in the mail to me. Now, it may arrive all melted and gooey, but I really appreciate the thought.......gotta love See's candy from California!!!

MiniZiggy has two teeth now, and is about to cut his top teeth. He also turned 10 months old yesterday. I am hoping that I will make it home just prior to his 1st birthday. That is something that I really do not want to miss. I really need to post new pics of him in the photo album. He has gotten so big, it is hard to believe it is the same child!!!

Now, for a bit of serious.......there is talk, and it's been in the news, of a pullout of American and coalition forces out of Iraq as soon as next Spring. While I am not holding my breath on this, it certainly gives me pause to consider the course of my enlistment in the Air Force if such a thing were to take place. If, and I say IF in capitals, as nothing is set in stone, obviously....IF this was to come about, and deployments over here were seriously stepped down, I could see myself reenlisting......but like I said, I am not holding my breath.

Machine and I have emailed back and forth a little, and have come to the conclusion that if I am in Germany on the return trip from Iraq, I will let him know and we will meet up and party like rock stars....

Ok, I think that about covers it......be safe guys!!!

2 comments:

Machine said...

Nice make-over on the blog.

Crazy Girl City said...

I like it. When are you due to leave there?

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors