Sunday, August 28, 2005

33 days left!!!!!!!

That's how many, thereabouts, days I have left before I get out of Iraq. Now let me explain something. I will be probably going back to Al Udied AB, and while the time frame isn't what I'd like, the place certainly has it's charms. The biggest of which being NOT GETTING MORTARED!!!!!! I'm telling you right now, I am going to be jumpy like crazy for a while after I leave this hole, from being through so many mortar attacks. Any ways, back to going to Al Udied........in the Air Force, it's called 'doing the Deid', being there, that is. If Prince Sultan AB was Club Med in the desert(it's closed now, for those who don't know), Al Udied is it's replacement. As in Dairy Queen is exactly 11 steps from the edge of the pool to the counter. There's a TGIFriday's downtown. They have Baskin Robins. You can plug your MP3 player in at the computer and download music from the database on the PC.......yea, Al Udied is paradise compared to Balad. And other than the getting shot at, Balad's nice. I can hardly wait.

The kids are being spoiled rotten, as my MIL and SIL are at the house. From what I understand, the SIL has hardly put MiniZiggy down(which may not be a bad thing in terms of not having the child walk before I get home). Oh, and while I'm on the subject of MiniZiggy, apparently he no longer likes baby food. He wants table food, and has a love for cheese and tomatoes. He also loves to feed the dogs his cheerios when he's done with them. I am sure this is just cute to watch, and I am sure that my dogs are getting fat off of the baby feeding them.

Speaking of the dogs.........Pudge's latest escapade. I don't know how she did it, and neither does Ziggy, but somehow she cut the pad on one of her paws. Enough that she was bleeding on my kitchen floor. So what does Ziggy do? This will crack you up.........he puts diaper cream(have baby, have diaper cream) on my dog's foot, and then put a sock over it. Now the sock I understand, but the diaper cream really had me rolling in laughter. I never would have thought of using diaper cream for that.

One of the civilians I work with has decided to treat me to a free movie for my birthday(which is Thursday, the first, for those that care). Oh, by the way, all the movies here are free anyways....so I'm going to the movies tonight with Tackle Box. I believe I've mentioned him before. Anyways, no clue what's playing, but who cares, it's for my birthday, and since I can't have booze, I'll take a free movie.....

Alright guys, that's enough for now. I'll update more later.......have a good one

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors