Monday, August 15, 2005

Time off and bad news

Well, let's go with the bad news first. We get into the shop tonight and have a little pow-wow with the Senior Master Sergeant that is over all of us. He springs on us the *good* news.......we are all slated to leave 30 September. As in leaving Balad, not Al Udied. So far the track record for time spent in Al Udied is 2-3 days before going back to the real world. Which puts me back in the States somewhere around the 3rd of October, or thereabouts. This is bad news because MiniZiggy's 1st birthday is the 2nd of October. I may cry for missing it.........
The guys that I work with like this idea of leaving that late, as we'll get an extra month of that tax-free pay. This is of little consequence to me, I will get paid regardless.......I just want to be home with my baby for his birthday.

Alright, the time off. Being the good former healthcare worker that I am, I went back to the doc about an infected toe, as a result of a pedicure I had done over here about a month ago. Well, as it turns out, they have decided to take off part of my toenail on Wednesday morning. Which means that I'll probably be out of work for a day, atleast. This occurs after my second day off. Oh, and I am off tonight as well. I dropped something in my eye at work, did the whole eyewash station thing, and ended up going to the ER. They got it out (and offered to let me keep whatever it was in my eye) and sent me home for the rest of the night. So, I am having a bit of time off....fun fun fun.

Alright, I think that's about all for now........stay safe guys......

2 comments:

Machine said...

Take before and after photos of your toe, and then post them here! That would SO rock!

Crazy Girl City said...

What was in your eye? Did you keep it?

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors