Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hobble-along me and Daddy and a weird dream

Ok, let's go with me and the Hobble-along bit first.........About a month ago, I got a pedicure over here. This was a bad idea. My big toe on my right foot got infected, as the people who work in the beauty shop don't sterilize their equipment, despite being trained and told to. But I digress.....So a couple weeks ago, I go to the doc with my toe all icky and they put me on antibiotics, tell me to soak my foot in salt water, etc. Well, it got a bit better, but not completely, so I went back a couple days ago, and they decided to take off part of my toenail. So I am now on a profile, no running or jumping, no combat boot on my right foot. Joy is mine, let me tell you. I wonder what I'm going to end up doing at work, since I can't stand for prolonged periods, and can't wear a boot. More to update on that later. They gave me Tylenol with codeine, and the only good part about that is that it's the closest to being drunk that you can get over here without alcohol. And it did help me to sleep. So I am stylin' in my DCU's with one tan boot and one black sneaker....oh I am a fashion statement, let me tell you....

Now for Daddy. My Daddy to be specific. Daddy is 78 years old, and had a massive heart attack about 8 and a half years ago (Scout was a little over a year old at the time). Well, I get an email from Ziggy saying that I need to call Mama and find out about Daddy. Come to find out, Daddy went in for his yearly check up and they did a stress test on him, as usual. Well they decided to put Daddy in the hospital this morning and do surgery. So, this make me nervous and worried and scared......so think good thoughts for my Daddy, ok?

Weird dream, and I blame the codeine. I dreamed that I was going shopping with my neice for her wedding dress(her wedding is next May), and my husband went along with me. But it wasn't Ziggy. I still had Ziggy's last name, but I wasn't married to Ziggy anymore. Apparently I was widowed, and a friend of ours decided to marry me to take care of the boys. I'll call him The Greek. Ziggy, if he reads this, will know who I'm talking about. What's odd about this is The Greek has had no interest in women and kids for a while now. He's a single guy, that lives with Bear and Blonde. Nice guy, but got burned in the past and doesn't care for relationships. So anyways, this dream was so odd....he went everywhere with me...I guess we'd been married for a while but it was in name only, because he asked if he could kiss me......I'm telling you, the codeine does weird things......

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors