Friday, August 19, 2005

Thanks CrazyGirl!!!!!!!

I got the box you sent me today!! Thanks a bunch, girl! I appreciate it!!!

Well, a while back, Machine and I were chatting about deployed personnell having to register their blogs. Apparently this is true, but so far seems limited to the Army personell, or atleast that's the idea that I got from the article I read in the Stars & Stripes. I guess there are troops over here that are writing some up close and personal stuff about their experiences over here, and as per normal, Big Brother doesn't like all their secrets to be given away. It is inevitable that this would happen, what with laptops being pretty well common among the deployed folks......people are going to talk about their experiences over here, just like they've done during any other war, with the exception that it's more electronic now than it ever was in the past. In the past it was letters home, now it's blogs and no doubt, emails.....so the government is worried about the security factor in all this.

Here's my question........what about the locals and the third country nationals that live and work on the bases over here? You can't expect me to believe that they aren't telling their friends and family back home about what they see and hear on the bases. And you can't expect me to believe that some of the insurgents haven't infiltrated these folks and are getting info about the bases. I am not that naive. They get mail, too, I am sure. I have no dount in my mind that they have internet access like the rest of us here (I've seen some of them using it at the rec center here)......so I am pretty sure the opportunity is there......just a point to ponder.

2 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

No problem. Hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know about the color and if it's ok. xo

Machine said...

Yep that's a fact, Eskimo - the TCN's that we hire can easily give away the "trade secrets" of their employer! I think we have alot more to worry about Habib blabbing his mouth to his cronies than Private Snot who's pissed he just got extended involuntarily for 6 months.

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors