Monday, January 23, 2006

An update and a ramble

Well, Ziggy has been away since last Wednesday, and I am amazed at how well things are running right now. With getting the kids up and getting out the door, running errands and such. Much smoother than I thought it was going to be. I am endeavoring to make lunches at night and load the car up with things that have to be taken to daycare with the kids the night before so I am not too far behind everyday. So far so good. I just have to keep it up for 4 months.

Chair Force is gone, and I miss it. Enough said.

JayJay's wife was on the yahoo messenger with me yesterday, complaining that he lies to her, is trying to hook up with others, etc, etc. Yea.....so I told her to pack her stuff and her kids and leave him. Of course, she said no. I am a firm believer in the fact that people bring alot of things on themselves, and as long as she puts up with his behavior, he will continue doing it. And she'll be a victim of her own stupidity for staying in a bad situation 'for the kids'.

CrazyGirl has baby fever, and I am so stoked for her. She's not pregnant, but is hearing her biological clock ticking, and wants a baby. I am just tickled for her. Her man says that you give up alot to be a parent, but if you are planning to have kids, aren't you also planning to give up things in order to have them in your life? I dunno, it was just a bit of a train of thought that was going through my mind as I was reading his reaction to her baby fever.

Work is ok for now. Scout is 10 tomorrow, I can't believe it........

I got a little punk at work in hot water with my boss today. This kid(and he is just that, a kid) starts spouting off to me that a coworker of mine(with equally as few brain cells) is his 'insert n-word'. The irony of this is that they are both WHITE. Well, so am I, but mino details. And he is repeating this statement to me(in a manner resembling Scout sans ADHD meds) over and over again. I got freaking uncomfortable. I mentioned it to the good folks that are his bosses( I know them all and so they weren't thrilled when I was telling him what he was saying). Now, the reason this is such a big thing is that terminology like that is not allowed in the military. It's flat out disrespectful and insulting. And we are preached this from the earliest time in our enlistments. his boss tells me to bitch the kid out, he won't care if I do. I said no, I'll let them do it, they are his bosses, and I work in a completely different section. But my boss would know about it. So I troop back to my shop and I pull Kermit off to the side and I tell him about this little punk, gave him the kid's name and let Kermit handle it. I have to give Kermit this. If one of his people has a problem with someone mouthing off to them, if we tell him about it, he handles it. So this kid has probably had his ass chewed off and handed to him on a paper plate by now. Serves him right for being so rude and disrespectful. Punk.


Alright, well, I guess that's it for now. Hope all is well with you all....

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors