Thursday, January 19, 2006

First full day with Ziggy deployed

Well, I'd say that the first day sans Ziggy went pretty well. Got up early, showered, got the crowd up and pets fed and kids dressed and had something like 15 minutes to chill in before hitting the road. Scout's daycare didn't open until late, so he waited with a friend and their parets while I headed down the road (Scout's idea, brownie points for thinking ahead like that!!!). Managed to get MiniZiggy to daycare with no crying whatsoever(some days you miss the 'Momma!!!' screams at the tops of their lungs and the tears...makes ya feel needed and loved), and it was off to Auschwitz. Failed a task eval, and Kermit wasn't even too much of a dick about it. I dunno if I'm becoming used to his barking, or if I just don't care so much any more, or maybe I am just understanding better, but for as much as he barked today, I didn't get all pissy. But I did almost cry over the task eval. Ziggy called at about 0830, made me feel good. I miss him but I'm not as bad as I was when I deployed. I burned my left hand during lunch, spilled hot soup on it. Yea, so I have a couple blisters, but I didn't cry in front of Kermit, who was in the office when I did it. I controlled myself and didn't scream like a weiney, either. He asked if I was ok, which was terribly human of him. This afternoon I got a call from MiniZiggy's daycare, poor child bopped his noggin again. So they have to give a courtesy call so they don't get sued for kids coming home with bruises and such. Kermit even asked if everything was ok when I got off the phone. He was downright civil to me today, for the most part. Maybe I should be scared.
Dropped off kids and made it to class with time to spare. Got home at 10:30 PM, and am updating my blog before cuddling up to a favorite book, reading a few pages and going to sleep. Long day, but relatively easy. This time. It can always get worse. Like tomorrow. MiniZiggy has a doctor's appointment at 3PM, Kermit is not going to be happy.....

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors