Friday, August 18, 2006

Just when I thought things had levelled out

........I get thrown a curveball. So I'm at the office today, all pressed(ok, maternity BDU's look like ass regardless.....so I was looking a little less like ass today) and shiny boots, to go see TheMan today at 130. About 1230, his secretary comes over to my desk and tells me that the meeting is off, TheMan doesn't see a need for me to come talk to him(at which point WTF starts flying through my mind) at this point in time. So I'm going, "Hunh?!!?!?!?!" I'm officially lost at that point. About half an hour later, the Chief sticks his head in the office and asks if I have a few minutes to chat with him. So I troop into his office, and the whole conversation is over in say, 6 minutes, and at no point do either of us sit down.

The Chief tells me that TheMan has decided that now is no time to talk about my EPR( to which my thought process runs along the line of, "Well if course not, it doesn't affect him in the least!"), as, and I am quoting here, "There is no EPR." I tell the Chief that there is definitely an EPR, I have it on my desk. He looks mildly surprised and says, "Oh, so you've already got it?" At this point I am wondering what happened to the communications up to that point, since I felt pretty sure I had made it clear that I already had the filthy rag of a document in my possession. Yea, yea, digression, I know. What he tells me, in the way of it being a message from TheMan himself, is that I need to research any way to pursue my retraining without a 5 skill level. I get asked all these questions that I don't have immediate answers to, but I know where to go to get the answers. And I tell him all this. And for the most part, from what the Chief said, is that TheMan wants to find a way to go back and approve the retraining that I had been disapproved for 24 hours prior. At which point my WTF meter is pegged out.........so Monday I get to make lots of phone calls and go see people to find answers to questions.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors