Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hazards of the paperless military

So I have my Tuition Assistance in hand and troop down to the Norfolk campus of Tidewater Community College to hand it in before the deadline of tomorrow. I hand in my TA to the Business Office and the woman tells me that all that form is, is the application for TA, not the approval. To which I politely show her the approval and the seal at the bottom of the page. Then she tries to tell me that the form isn't correct. (I'm starting to see a pattern here)....So I tell her that TA is done online now. She tells me that they can't accept that. To which I have to remind her that I'd just told her that online is the only way to get TA in the Air Force. She gives me this blank look, to which I give her a smug smile. Now, I am standing there at her window, in uniform, so it's not as though she could claim that I was trying to commit fraud or something. Then she informs me that they'll take it, this time, but that if there are any problems, they'll call me. To which I have to stifle laughter, as it was so ridiculous that I nearly laughed in her face. For crying out loud, you're getting money, DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU! Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, it never fails to amaze.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors