Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Leaving on a jet plane, Other, MiniZiggy and 22 days left

Well, my last 2 roomies left today, headed back to the States. I cried. I am so emotional since I've been here. Anyways, they woke me up and told me that their flight got bumped up a day, and were packing to leave. I got hugs, and I cried(I already mentioned that), and they promised to email when they get to Al Udied and home, since I am Mom(that's what they all called me) and I worry. I am really going to miss those girls, they were great. And now it is so lonely and quiet in my room.....

Other finally made it here, and it has been pleasant hanging out and not fighting. He would agree with me on this. And as happy as he is to see me, he is dreading my having to leave here. We are getting along so well that leaving is going to just suck. But, on the other hand, we're military, and leaving is apart of our lives...it's what we do. Doesn't make it easier, it's just the lifestyle we live. Just to add a bit on the whole topic of Other, I must say that it is nice to finally get along. We spent so long fighting with each other, enough for a couple of lifetimes(his words, not mine, but I agree) and it is so nice not to do that.....I am very pleased that we have gotten past all that.

MiniZiggy........my sweet little baby boy started WALKING the other day. Ziggy was telling me that Scout was sitting on the floor with MiniZiggy and had told MiniZiggy to go to Daddy, and he turned around and took 5 steps right to Daddy. I figure he'll be running by the time I get home. It was so funny, Scout told Ziggy that he wasn't 'telling Mama that he walked, she loves me, I'm her baby!!!' They were talking about who was going to get into more trouble by letting MiniZiggy walk before I got home. It was so funny!

So, 22 days left. Yea.....Other, you can stop reading at this point. Other reads my blog(just found that one out recently) and since I know he doesn't like to hear anything about my leaving Balad, he needs to stop reading now! 22 days. It seems so short, and at the same time, so far away. The weather has cooled a bit, of which I am grateful. There don't seem to be clear seasons here, and I am not willing to stay here any longer than I have to in order to find out about them. The song ' Leaving On a Jet Plane" is going through my head......and in short order, it will be me leaving.

Alright, I think that's enough update for right now......more to follow, of course...

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors