Monday, September 26, 2005

'Airflow problem' and old home week

The title is the supposed reason why we can't get out of here in a reasonable about of time. We were told that we could be delayed at Al Udied for a week or 2 after we arrive. Isn't that just ducky? I am waiting to go to my medical outprocessing appointment as I type this. So, it's an 'airflow problem'......am I sure that they aren't blowing hot air up my ass? No.....

The only positive side I can see out of getting back later in October is that it will just be that much longer that I have off before I go back to working in Auschwitz. Hey, they've done without me for this long, they can do without me for a bit longer.

Ziggy is making so many plans for when I get home. We are going to spend some time in Williamsburg, and I get to go shopping for clothes for MiniZiggy(one of my favorite things to do, shop for the kids). Ziggy has decided that he wants to take me out atleast once a month, to somewhere that I have to dress up for. So this ought to be fun, as I like that type of thing ocassionally. Break my heart and give me a reason to wear my pretty jewellry.

Along with the replacements that have been trickling in came a couple guys I was stationed at Elmendorf with, and I spent the majority of my shift catching up on everyone in Alaska. It was great.....so it's old home week.

We are functioning in a 'technical advisory' status now, rather than being the full time team. We train/advise/watch while our replacements do the work. Which makes for a rather long shift.....so we all sat around rather bored last night.

Alright, I think that's all for now......

2 comments:

Machine said...

Hey if you make it to Ramstein then lemme know. Kaiserslautern is a kickin' place to go to!

E-mail me with the details as soon as you know.

Unknown said...

well you might get stuck somewhere else, but at least you won't be where you are right now!!
eh, just trying to look on the bright side. can't wait till you get outta there & home with your family girl.

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors