Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ego boost

Sunday morning I ran my first 5K run. Well, it was actually 5.4K, or 3.8 miles.....

Anyways, I finished it, which was my goal. I came in pretty much dead last, and I'm not upset by that. My time was 43:10. I didn't get lapped, I didn't puke, didn't walk. Paul ran with me, and kept my mind off the fact I was running. With the exception of the first mile or so, I felt really good. That first mile really hurt. I had a cramp in my right calf(even after stretching!), and it didn't want to extend back out. But I made it, it went away, and I have a feeling that it will come back to haunt me tomorrow, after I've had some sleep and all that. I told Paul that it was funny, I had to come all the way to Iraq to do a 5K run, and he told me to find a place back in the States next time. It was funny. We kept each other laughing through the whole thing. Gave my ego a boost to know that I could finish a 5K run...

Radar is back, by the way. He got back about a week ago. It's good to see him again, he was missed.

We have replacements arriving, which means we get to train them on the job. Yea....I hate training people. Teaching has never been something I was good at. I'm just not very patient.

So my day was a fairly decent one, I even went to a luncheon with a 4 star General and a few other higher ups. For that, I was given the night off, being as we were only working half a shift anyways. But hey, I'll take the time off and not complain a bit. I didn't think I was going to get another day off, so I am grateful for what I was given.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors