Thursday, June 01, 2006

Brutal honesty

I'm a fan of it, actually. What kind of amazes me is when people want to know 'the truth' and then are suprised when they find out how they are seen by others.

Case in point, Kat. Kat's a friendly gal. She really is. And the perception that others have of her is that she's the shop whore, and has been passed from man to man in the shop we work in. I made a comment to her today that, once stated, was rather cold and mean. I apologized to her for hurting her feelings, as that wasn't my intention, and explained to her why I said what I did. In this whole discussion, she learned what the others that work here really think of her. Which shows the hypocracy of people, but that's a bit of a moot point by now. Anyways, she was angry and blown away by people's perception of her. I didn't go into how people get their impressions of her, I figured that I'd said enough already by that point. She sat here and brooded for a while, and then left, still fuming mad, you could practically see the heat rising off her she was so mad.....

Here's something that has baffled me for a good while.......why are people suprised others get certain impressions of them when they only show themselves to be exactly what is thought of them? This incident isn't the first time I've come across it, either. If one isn't willing for others to see them for themselves, then they shouldn't be suprised that people get the 'wrong' impressions about them......

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors