Thursday, May 04, 2006

My own little commentary

Each morning at work, I read the news on CNN.com and MSNBC.com. Some of the things that are considered newsworthy really make me wonder. So I feel compelled to comment on what is currently happening in the world.

Tom Cruise, his new movie, and his fiancee and baby: I'm so tired of hearing about these folks, honestly. And by they way, his new flick is a SEQUEL....and a third installment at that.....so there's only so much that can be done to that character, right???? Think Matrix, folks......people have kids every day, and go right on with work, life, etc. I don't see what makes these two any different.

The Moussaoui verdict.....Guys, our process of legal justice worked. The jurors did their jobs. While I can't say that I agreed that he got what was coming to him, it may be that the jail population may take care of the death penalty for us. Rest assured, the day will come that he is dealt ultimate justice, be it in this life or the next. I can't say that he was an Al-Qaeda operative, given that the organization has said that he wasn't one of theirs, and they considered him kind of a loose cannon. I think he will only be seen as a martyr in his own eyes, and not anyone else's.

Lethal injection being painful....now, if you are supposed to be dealt this particular punishment, it is likely that a heinous crime has been committed, death has occurred, and likely in some vicious manner. So in my mind, the possibility that an execution by lethal injection could be painful is a moot point to me. The person being executed is dying anyways, and in short order, so I'd say that justice is not nearly complete as they aren't feeling what they put someone else through. Bottom line, they're going to die regardless, so let them feel pain to remind them of the life they are losing.

Catholics and condoms.....alright guys, realistically here, how many Catholics have a houseful of kids and keep them coming in quick succession? Fundamentally, I think the case for birth control practices with the Catholic church is a bit arcane. I don't know that the average Catholic person considers the Church's teachings first off when they are sitting at their 6-week postpartum appointment and contemplating what birth control is to be used post-baby. I have a feeling that birth control is practiced and dealt with more on an individual basis and not on the administrative level that seems to be Church doctrine. How many priests address this when the newest baby is being christened?? Yea.......Much Ado About Nothing Really, or so I think.


Homosexual marriage.....I'm not going to get into whether or not I believe it's right or not. I will say this though - let them have all the *perks* of marriage like all the heterosexuals. Child support, alimony, divorce, all of it. Perhaps if the homosexuals are treated just like the heterosexuals, all will smooth over.......

See my post on the illegals in this country for my commentary on that.

The War on Terrorism.......oh my....let me see if I can consolidate some of this.....For those that claim this is a war of revenge - YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!! If someone busts into your home, kills all you hold dear and then has the balls to throw it in your face that you had it coming, wouldn't you want revenge??? Big hairy DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!!! I think that sums up a lot on that topic.

Iran......Guys, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't with Iran. Can you say World War 3? Look at it like this.....if they attack Israel, we have war. If we attack them, we have war with them, Russia and China. World War 3, quick, fast and in a hurry. So just plan on war......and if not, then be pleasantly surprised and happy. A good warrior prays for peace, but trains for war.


Well guys, that's all for now........I'll update again, no worries...

2 comments:

Eunuch said...

Get it all out of your system? :-)

AFeskimo said...

mmm......maybe ;-)

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors