Thursday, May 25, 2006

A few words on fitness fashion

I have noticed that women in particular have HORRIBLE fashion sense when it comes to fitness wear. Being in the military, we participate in regular fitness formations. And I have observed that many women lose all common sense when it comes to fashion in this area. Granted, the Air Force has authorized(but not yet required us to wear it) a PT uniform. But until it's required(1 October of this year, I believe), most folks will continue to wear their own choices for workout clothes. The advertising in fitness magazines tends to show thin, ideal body-type women(ok, models in reality) in the latest fashions for fitness..........and they are form-fitting items, I admit.

But OMG, if you are female and your beer gut stands out further than the rest of the men in the formation, then you REALLY don't need to be wearing a white, spaghetti strapped tank top that rides up your mid-section when you do jumping jacks(in front of the whole formation, BTW). I know I get grossed out seeing other women's post-baby bulge(and your kid is 9), and I can't imagine what the guys are thinking. Gross, ok.......and the lycra leggings combined with cottage-cheese thighs and butt are NOT the hottest thing in the gym.....or anywhere else. Wear that at home, on Saturday, when no one's watching, and you aren't in public......where it's safe. And please....please...PLEASE don't make the 25 guys you work with do lunges and squats to work their butts because you read it in the latest issue of SHAPE magazine and want to improve your own butt-profile for the summer. Men don't care what their butts look like.

Yes, I am hard on the females about fitness fashion. Being pregnant, there isn't a PT uniform for us preggos.......which is fine by me, one less thing I have to buy. But I am a bit more sensible on the PT wear......I wear maternity shorts or pants(PT variety, of course), and one of Ziggy's t-shirts to cover MiniMachine....and no one says a thing to me......no one is seeing my fat but Ziggy and a doctor and I like it that way.

It just grosses me out.........

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Blog Archive

Contributors