Saturday, March 25, 2006

Scout's stunt

I took Scout to have his pictures made for baseball. I left, telling him that I was going to go feed MiniZiggy(who hadn't had breakfast yet), and then I'd be back. Confident that if he was done before I went to pick him up, he'd call me, as he usually does.

I get home, feed MiniZiggy, and then he decides to take a nap. So I settle in and figure Scout is going to call me. The phone rings, and it's the Chesapeake Police Dispatcher, asking if I was supposed to pick Scout up after baseball. Apparently, rather than call me, he decided to walk home. When he got to the on-ramp for I-64, someone saw him, pulled over, and called the police, in fear that he was going to get hit by a car trying to cross the street. So the police called me to verify the address that Scout had told them, and let me know that they were bringing him home.

I about had a heart attack. He's never tried something like this before, and I'm not sure why he picked now to try it. I asked him why he didn't just call me, and he tells me that everyone left before he got a chance to call. Not that I'm buying that story....but still......

I think I have a few more gray hairs now...

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors