Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Charlie James Mojo

I have to mention this man by name, otherwise, the story wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. I work with Charlie James. Charlie James(and yes, he goes by both names, like the Old South where you were known by first and middle names. For him, it's first and last) is a tall, lanky, old fashioned man. Wait, the description wouldn't be complete if I left out the fact that the man is of the African-American color scheme. And Charlie James is a card......He and his fabulous wife are the current Best Dressed Couple of the 1st LRS, Langley AFB, VA...ok, ok, I'm getting to my point, I promise.......Ever seen a black man in a 3 piece black-with-pink-pinstripes suit? Well, Charlie James did it, ccomplete with fedora and cane........and looked fabulous...

Charlie James and his fabulous Mrs are expecting their 4th(3rd technically, as one child died in infancy-very sad) child. Now, Charlie James is well known in our shop for his, well, fruitfulness. Not saying he runs around, just saying that as soon as they are welcoming the latest addition, they tend to start expecting the next one, too....So some people who, once they decide to start 'trying' to have a baby, will go shake Charlie James' hand, hoping some of his Mojo(that's what we call it atleast) will rub off. Well, I shook Charlie James' hand at the squadron Christmas party. And then I shook his hand 18 January, the day Ziggy left for Whatchistan.

Read the post Bad Dream for my dream last night. This morning was Commander's Call. Now, for those who may read my blog and have no clue what that is, it's more or less a gathering of the whole squadron for awards to be given out, news to be handed down, and face time with the commander. Anywho, I walk into Commander's Call, and meet up with Charlie James. He shakes my hand(as always) and tells me that I'd better stop shaking his hand, or else I'll have twins. Now, is that creepy or what??? I mean my weird-shit-o-meter went crazy when he said that, given the dream I'd had last night. Just very, very coincidental. Ziggy found it amusing, as well.

Well, a few hours later, Charlie James stops by the shop and we are chatting about his next duty station, and he tells me that shaking my hand the day Ziggy left must have broken his jinx. See, Charlie James has 2 daughters. As much as he loves his girls, he has wanted a son. And he credits the sex of the next child to shaking my hand(since all I have is boys)....he and the Mrs are expecting a BOY!!!

If this pregnancy turns out as twins, I will be travelling to Sumter, South Carolina and personally beating the snot out of Charlie James.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors