Saturday, November 26, 2005

Update and musing

Come to find out, my father-in-law didn't show up. Weather was too bad. Part of me is happy about it, part of me isn't, as it would have made for hilarious blogging.......


My musings........back when I was 21 or so, I worked in a sporting goods store. I had a customer show me an Alaska driver's license for a check he was writing, and we got to talking about Alaska. He told me that if you ever spend any time in Alaska, and by time I mean none of the cruise vacations, that Alaska will always be a part of you. He said that it would call to you until you returned to it. I never believed it until I left. I have been away from the one place that I truly call home for a little over a year. And being here in Washington State for a little over a week brings me as close to home as I am going to get for now. I have 'heard' Alaska call to me for a while, but the longing to go back is even stronger now that I am on the same side of the country. My plan is to one day go back, have myself a fishing cabin on the peninsula, maybe in Seward or Homer, and never leave if I don't have to.....

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors