Sunday, November 13, 2005

My weekend, developments in the family, and OMG the dogs are gone

So Ziggy, the kids and I all pack up on Friday(since we were off) and head down to Carolina Beach for the weekend, to visit my grandmother, known as Gamaw. We stayed at a resort that Gamaw works at(for free, no less, gotta love that!!!) right on the beach. We loafered around, did the touristy bit inWilmington, hung out with Gamaw and my uncle, WyattEarp. Great time, wish it had been longer. So that was my weekend. Then we get home.

My dogs are missing. Both of them. I'm not happy. I'm worried about my dogs. My Pudgey and Dumb-dumb are missing. Ziggy and Scout went riding around the neighborhood looking for them, but didn't see them. and the animal control place is closed on Sunday, of course. My puppies are gone and I want my puppies back!!!! Who knows how long they've been gone, and if they are ok, hungry, hurt, cold(Pudge, I doubt it, she's a Husky, and has a double coat), etc....

So Ziggy is aggreavating me this evening. I know he's not doing this on purpose(what it was that aggravated me) but it bothered me. He's been the one that comforts MiniZiggy when he falls and gets owies, since I was gone for 4 months. So when he jumps the baby gate and picks MiniZiggy up before I can get to him (and I am 15 feet from the child, and on the same side of the baby gate), I got upset. Then he keeps chanting a single phrase, while standing next to me, 'Daddy's got you, it's ok, Daddy's got you.' Yes, well, Daddy's going to have a nice place to sleep in the bed of the truck outside if he doesn't watch his mouth. Anywho, I get aggravated with my husband, and decide to call Gram to vent. Gram is Ziggy's grandmother. I love this woman to death. Gram has been married for 57 years, and fully understands when men irritate their wives. And I just love talking to Gram, so I go to call Gram and vent about her grandson. Well, much to my surprise, Gramps doesn't answer the phone. Gramps ALWAYS answers the phone. Well, my MIL answers. Not that I'm not pleased to talk to her, I love my MIL to death, but it's just not normal for Gramps not to answer the phone. Come to find out, Gramps is in the hospital. See, Gramps is on dialysis, and was retaining fluid, and they took him to the doctor, and then he was put in the hospital. I maintain that Gramps wants attention since everyone knows that MiniZiggy is coming for Thanksgiving, and all attention will be on him(Goddess help, my kids are going to be rotten after this trip!). Atleast that's the story I am maintaining for Ziggy. Gramps and Gram practically raised Ziggy and his brother and sister, since my MIL had to work when they were kids. So Ziggy is really close to Gramps. Gramps has been on dialysis for a year or so now, and while I know that dialysis patients are often on it for a long time, something doesn't bode well about this to me. My 'sixth sense' is starting to ping, and I don't like the idea.

On a completely different subject, I am having an issue here lately. How the HELL am I supposed to be on a birth control patch, if the damned thing won't stay attached to my skin?!?!?! I think I'm going to have to duct tape it to me or something.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors