Thursday, October 27, 2005

Yeeaahhh

You know how you try to be nice to folks, despite how you really feel about them? Trying to be the bigger person and all, putting aside personal differences and move on? So what happens when all that goes to hell in a handbag? When being the bigger person goes to shit, almost by default, as though the other party involved has decided to stop being civil? And then turns everything back on you, trying to make you look and/or feel bad.

Why do I ask? Well, let's just say that personal experiences bring this question to mind. Things that happened while I was deployed, things at home, and I am just trying to make sense of it all. Why is it all of a sudden fair for the other party to drop all civility and act like a child? And I mean full-grown people, not adolescents. I will never understand people, I guess. Or I will never know the rules that everyone else seems to operate under, and I have been somehow left out in the dark as to how to conduct myself and proceed. I have always been this way, one step behind the power curve, always trying to keep up. Eleanor Roosevelt once said that 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." and I believe that I am going to have to disagree with her. In this day and age, that's what it's all about, make the other guy look worse than you do, so you get ahead. So much for an advanced society, huh?

Have a good day, readers....

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors