Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tough classes and a story

School while deployed is NOT going well. I try to email my teachers from my school email addy, and I get virus reports in response, so I am pretty sure that my teachers aren't getting any of my emails. SO I tried form my work email addy. We'll see if I have any better luck.

So I get to call Ziggy, via morale calls on DSN numbers(government phone numbers for those who don't know) pretty much every day. Which really helps with my morale, as being away from my best friend(aka Ziggy) just sucks. So getting to talk to him for a half hour or so helps alot. Plus we email regularly. I call my Mom twice a week so I can talk to Scout and get regular updates on MiniZiggy. She's sending me some of her WONDERFUL turtle cookies, and I can hardly wait for the box to get here.

Work absolutley bit last night. I set up the new armored battery boxes for the trucks, and I also put the foldaway mirrors on the cabs, and once my job is done, I am pretty much bored out of my mind, as I have nothing to do. So last night it seemed like nothing I could do was right. Even the simplest thing was a major hassle. And this one guy kept bringing it all right back to me. I wanted to slap him silly. I mean hard enough to make his ancestors hurt.

I really appreciate the responses I have gotten from folks about my being over here. Thanks for stopping by!!

I have an idiot story for you all, and you're going to love it.........on my night off, the fire alarm goes off in my dorm. I leave shortly after it starts, and not in too much of a hurry, since there was a sandstorm happening at the time. Anyways, I get back from work the next night, and there are a couple of girls talking about the alarm going off, fire department coming, etc. I asked them if they'd found out what had set it off, and here's the story that's bound to crack anyone up that's been in the Air Force...........come to find out, as everyone is standing outside while the fire department does their thing, one of the Army chicks(that JUST moved into the dorm a day or 2 before) pipes up and says that they were treating their uniforms with some bug repellant, and it smelled so badly that they opened their windows......IN THE MIDDLE OF A SANDSTORM!!! Thus, setting the fire alarm off...........I tell ya, there's idiots everywhere, even in a war zone!!!

2 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

Sandstorms rule.

The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is so funny. So much for using a brain. I hope that you keep your morale up and that the little things don't get you down. Great post and a really good blog. And slap that guy if you need to! ;)

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors