Monday, August 11, 2008

An update

Wow, it's been a while.

School, I have to say, has me dragging my feet, and I am at the end of a very crucial semester. I really need to make good in these 3 classes, so that I can continue to attend school and finish this blasted degree. I took on took much in the first semester, and now I am paying the price for it. It caught me up, believe me. I am learning patience. I have one huge paper du next week, and I haven't started writing it. But I will tomorrow. Procrastination has been a big problem since learning that my financial aid is gone. With regards to school, I feel as though I have a lead weight attached to me, and it's just dragging me down harder and harder as I get closer to the end of the semester. This is bad, of course, because I have to write huge papers that count an awful lot towards my degree. And I REALLY don't want to take these classes again.

Finals are coming up, and believe me, I dread them. I am one of those people that test anxiety just kills. Especially with the study guides that I get. I get these guides for an exam that may not be the version that the guide is written for, and am expected to remember all 50 identifications off the top of my head, in it's entirety, for 3 classes. Yea. Not gonna happen. And it seems that no matter how well I feel I have prepared for the final, it always throws me huge curve balls. The part I dread the most about finals, is teh time after the test has been taken. That dead time between when the test is taken, and when the grade is posted absolutely kills me. I age decades in that time of waiting, I kid you not.

I did rather well Spring semester, 3 B's and a C. Rather respectable, I thought. But my overall GPA is a 1.8, as I failed a class Fall semester. I have to have a 2.0 to get my financial aid back. As long as I'm doing well, I can still take classes, until my GPA goes back over 2.0. That's why these 3 classes are factoring so much into my degree for me (that and I just don't want to take the classes again). I need B's.....pretty badly....

I got sick a few weeks ago, and it threw off my housework schedule. My laundry got behind. I am so behind in general. I feel drained, like I am playing chronic catch-up......only I never seem to get anywhere.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors