Monday, August 25, 2008

No longer a doormat

There are people in this world that demand rather high standards for how people treat them, while they have no concept of treating anyone else any better than dirt. Rather than using communication to get through a conflict, they'd rather bitch at others and make them feel like crap until the other person changes their behavior to more acceptable. Well, I'm not taking the crap anymore.
I require being treated with the same respect and consideration that others demand for themselves. Friendship cannot be built without mutual respect. I refuse to be a doormat to anyone. I also refuse to be anyone's punching bag.

I am a human being, an adult, and I demand to be treated with respect if anyone is planning to be a friend of mine. You will afford me the same courtesies that you require for yourself. You will treat me the same way you want to be treated. I require adult communication, not adolescent sulking when you don't get your way.
Comply or get the fuck out.

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors