Sunday, January 21, 2007

OMG.....it's been a while!!!!

I have to apologize for the serious lack of posting...........

It's been so hectic lately, it's not even funny. I was talking to Eunuch yesterday, while hashing(I'll tell that story in a bit), and I was telling him that despite all my best preparations for my transition back to civilian life( the count is now 99 days, so I've dipped into the double digits now), I am still terrified silly to get out of the military. And, thankfully, Eunuch said that he totally saw my reasons for why............yea, so I'm still terrified.

For those who didn't know, I was rather ill for a while there. As in praying for death as long as the pain would stop. What I htought was a simple UTI, turned out to be a terrible kidney infection. Pain beyond that of labor, fevers like crazy, racing heart rate, all the stuff of scaring my primary care doctor into sending me to the Naval hospital to be treated. I was hating the fact I was still alive..I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, was barely conscious............Ziggy was terrified.....

I went back to work, only to find myself seriously trying to catch up to myself. I am about a month behind, mentally, so I'm still trying to get back on track at work. What really freaked me out, was looking at my outprocessing checklist and at my desk calendar, and it hitting me square between the eyes that I have a little over 3 months left in the military. AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, more screaming to come on that count.

Alright, the hashing story. After reading Eunuch's stories of various hashes and such, I let curiosity get the best of me, and taggled along with Eunuch to a hash with the Fort Eustis Hash House Harriers, the longest continuous hash in the country. SO I went. As a virgin. I got muddy. I got wet. I had a massive headache, but had a blast nonetheless. Eunuch and I spent most of the time deep in conversation about various topics, which is nothing new for he and I. Eunuch is one of those folks that I can sit and chat with and hours are lost seemingly immediately. Good stuff. So we chatted, we hashed and a great time was had.........and then he tried to roast me out of the car....LOL......I will have to do that again, that was a good time.......

So my 3rd wedding anniversary has passed, and I am not waiting for a divorce to come final. This is nice.

This week has Scout turning 11 on Wednesday. Also, more outprocessing to be done, as my orders are supposed to be ready this week. Yea.......

I'll try not to wait so long between posts from now on....

No comments:

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors