Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am resolved

I am a damned good correspondent, if I may say so myself. I text message a number of people on a daily basis. I initiate the conversations, nine times out of ten. And quite honestly, I feel as though I am being taken for granted. Like others have no need to effort maintenance of chatter, as I will always take care of that.

Well, it's time for a change. I am tired of being the upholder of the various 'friendships' that I text through on my cell phone. I have grown weary of putting more effort into relationships, than I feel is being put in on the other side.

Aside from my dearly beloved, Ziggy, I'll not be texting anyone for a while. Those who truly value my friendship will contact me themselves, and not wait on my instigation. Time for others to put in some effort, and not me doing all the work. Relationships are work, why should friendships be any different?

That is my resolution.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AFEskimo,

I found your blog by accident but I continue to read it. You have amazing insight and an excellent writing style.

Hammer

AFeskimo and Ziggy

AFeskimo and Ziggy

Contributors